Admission Procedure – B.E./B.Tech Programme
The EAMCET – Engineering and Medical Common Entrance Test convener fills up 70% (Category – A) of the seats in the Institute by allotting the candidates to this institute on the basis of their choice, their EAMCET ranks and the reservation policy of the Govt. of Andhra Pradesh. The remaining 30% (Category – B)of the seats are filled up by the Institute under the Management /NRI quota as per the guidelines given by the APSCHE and the Govt. of Andhra Pradesh for this purpose.Advertisement is given by the institution in popular regional newspapers calling for applications for B-category seats. The convener of ECET admits 10% of the sanctioned intake for each program for admission directly into the II year of the 4-year B.E/B.Tech program from among the Diploma holders, based on their rank in ECET, their choice of the institute and the reservation policy of the Govt. of Andhra Pradesh, under the lateral entry scheme.
B-Category (Management Quota) Admissions:
Click Here to get B-Category Admission Form.
The Institutions that are approved by All India Council for Technical Education are permitted to fill NRI seats not exceeding 5% of the sanctioned intake in each course for the academic year shall admit NRI candidates (sons and daughters of NRIs) who have passed the qualifying examination with not less than 50% of marks in prescribed group subjects or 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination or Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) equivalent to 5 on a scale of 10.
The remaining seats shall be filled on merit basis with candidates including from other States and union territories who have secured rank at AIEEE (JEE-Main) and secured not less than 45% (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved categories) of marks in the prescribed group subjects in the qualifying examination. The seats remaining unfilled from the above shall be filled with eligible candidates on merit basis following eligibility criteria laid down in rule (4) of G.O.Ms.No.74.
Thereafter, if any seats still remain unfilled such seats may be filled on merit basis with candidates securing not less than 45% (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved categories) in the prescribed group subjects taken together/aggregate marks in the qualifying examination. All affiliated colleges are governed by the admission procedures and guidelines prescribed by the APSCHE (Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education), Government of Andhra Pradesh.
· A bachelor’s degree in Engg/Technology of recognized University in the concerned discipline.
· AMIE/AMIETE or similar qualifications recognized by UPSC as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech.
· Valid GATE Score obtained in the GATE Examination.
Apart from requirements of qualifications as stated above, the admissions of sponsored candidates shall be taken.
· The number of Sponsored candidates shall not be more than two in each specialization and not more than five in each department.
· These seats are considered as supernumerary.
· The sponsoring agency shall-certify that the candidates will be granted leave for pursuing the M.Tech. Full-Time course.
· The candidates should satisfy local/non-local status requirement as laid down in the AP Educational institutions (Regulation of Admissions) Order 1974 as amended from time to time.