About GEC- IIPC
Today, it is globally acclaimed that scientific and technological capability of Human Resource is the major source of strength in nation building. Consequently, the success of any industry depends very much on the quality of the people who work for them. Particularly, in the context of medium/ small-scale industries, the needs are primarily oriented towards problem solving, with the support required in the areas of Design, Process improvement and plant and machinery performance etc., which can be fulfilled by the existing huge network of technical industries across the country. These institutes can be also intervene in solving specific industry related problems, carry out minor Technological Innovations/ Modifications aimed at Technology Absorption/Implementation etc, and organize Continuing education program for industry personnel. Industries in turn can contribute to academia in orienting its curriculum to produce Graduate Engineers/ Technicians suitable for their work places and support the basic research for creation of new knowledge. In order to achieve these objectives, what is needed at present is a support system (industry Institute Partnership Cell) to ensure a focused involvement of both academia and industry in developing a symbiotic relationship, keeping in view the vision for the future.
The GEChas setup an industry institute partnership Cell (GEC-IIPC) to promote the interaction between industries and the institute. This institute has established many state of the art laboratories, testing equipment, library and information center, internet facility etc. Strength of this institute lies in its highly qualities and committed faculty members, which is counted as one amongst the few best institutes in the state. Faculty members are actively involved in research activities. With this back ground, the institute feels competent in rendering R & D. Consultancy services and other technical support in the different areas to industries.
1. Establish linkage between industry and the institute.
2. Identify industry problems and provide solutions
3. Joint research projects
4. Industrial consultancy
5. Dissemination of knowledge
6. Continuing education programs
7. Greater utilization of resources
8. Access to library and other infrastructure
9. Access to laboratory testing
10. Promoting industrial training for students
11. Faculty training in industry
- Organizing Workshops, conferences and symposia with joint participation of the faculty and the industries.
- Encouraging engineers from industry to visit Engineering Institution to deliver lectures.
- Participation of experts from industry in curriculum development.
- Arranging visits of staff members to various industry
- Professional consultancy by the faculty to industries.
- Industrial testing by faculty & technicians at site or in laboratory.
- Joint research programmes and field studies by faculty and people from industries.
- Visits of faculty to industry for study and discussions or delivering lectures on subjects of mutual interest.
- Visits of industry executives and practicing engineers to the Institute for seeing research work and laboratories, discussions and delivering lectures on industrial practices, trends and experiences.
- Memoranda of Understanding between the Institute and industries to bring the two sides emotionally and strategically closer.
- Human resource development programmes by the faculty for practicing engineers.
- Collaborative Certification programmes.
- B.Tech. and M.Tech. Projects/dissertation work in industries under joint guidance of the faculty and experts from industry.
- Short-term assignment to faculty members in industries.
- Visiting faculty/professors from industries.
- R&D Laboratories sponsored by industries at the Institute.
- Scholarships/fellowships instituted by industries at the Institute for students.
- Practical training of students in industries.
The College has signed MOUs with Industries and other Agencies for promoting Training, Research and Extension Activities in Technical Education
|1||Randstad India Limited||Knowledge sharing, Test evaluation, placements|
|2||Co-cubes||Knowledge sharing, Test evaluation, placements|
|4||Institute for electronic governance||Knowledge sharing, Test evaluation, placements|
|5||Jobeee||Knowledge sharing, Test evaluation, placements|
|7||TCS ion||To extend computing infrastructure of the college to TCS ion for the conducting various national level online and off-line tests.|
Industry Institute Partnership Cell (IIPC)
|S.no||Name||Department & Designation||Position|
|2||K.Rakesh||Assoc. Prof. CIVIL||Member|
|3||A.SrinivasaRao||Asst. Prof. EEE||Member|
|4||Ch.PapaRao||Asst. Prof. ECE||Member|
|5||K.Ravi Kumar||Asst. Prof. MBA||Member|
|7||T. RAVI KUMAR||CIVIL||Member|
|9||SK. BAJI BABU||EEE||Member|
|12||G CHINNA CHENNAIAH||ME||Member|
|13||D. SAI LAKSHMI||ECE||Member|
|14||K. CHANDU PRAKESH||ECE||Member|
|15||K BALA KRISHNA||ECE||Member|